Why Drinking Water First Thing After Waking, Has Huge Health Benefits
The following ancient Ayurveda medicine offers powerful therapeutic effects, which involves the consumption of water upon waking up.
This method can treat various health issues, from pain to cancer. It has been known as Usha Paana Chikitsa in the Sages of India, meaning early morning water treatment.” It detoxifies the colon, and helps the absorption of nutrients from foods.
In the 1970s, when Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj, re-discovered this ancient therapy, he also discovered that water can naturally treat various conditions and diseases, like asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, migraines, and autoimmune disorders.
During the time he was imprisoned in the infamous Evin Prison as a political prisoner for two and a half years, he discovered the miraculous medicinal powers of water and started using only water to heal 3,000 fellow inmates suffering from stress-induced peptic ulcer disease.
In June 1983, his findings were documented in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, and his discovery was reported by the New York Times Science Watch on June 21, 1983.
In 1982, when Dr. Batmanghelidj escaped from Iran and went to America, he began investigating the effects of chronic unintentional dehydration on the human body, and published the findings in 1992 and 1992.
Over the years our body becomes chronically dehydrated, and a proper consumption of water will, therefore, solve all the issues caused by it.
Here is the water therapy explained in details:
– Drink a glass ( 8oz) of fluoride-free or distilled water( add minerals back into to alkalize the body and reverse osmosis.) on an empty stomach as soon as you wake up.
– Wait for about 45 minutes before eating or drinking anything.
-Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before meals and another one 2 hours after the meal.
According to the Japanese Medical Society, this water therapy is able to treat gastric issues and constipation in 10 days and lower high blood pressure in 30 days.
Here are several benefits that will motivate you to start practicing this healthy habit every morning:
– Water detoxifies the body.
“Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate.
Getting fluids into your body right after you wake up will help your body flush out toxins first thing in the morning,” says Kenneth Ellner, an Atlanta-based dermatologist.
To boost the effects, squeeze some lemon juice into the glass, and it will detoxify the liver, increase the rate of urination, and boost enzyme function.
– It jump starts up your metabolism.
It’s been shown that drinking at least one large glass of water first thing in the morning can rev up your metabolism by a whopping 24% for 90 minutes.
– You’re dehydrated when you wake up!
We often wake up dehydrated. Drinking water helps make new muscle and blood cells and can increase the flow of oxygen, all of which are energizing.
– During the cold and flu season, staying hydrated should be a top priority. Water supports the health of the lymphatic system and prevents infections. According to researchers, dehydration leads to sickness, stress, and increased cortisol levels.
– This habit will reduce appetite.
According to a study, individuals who drink a glass of water before meals lost 4.5 pounds over a three-month period, since “it fills up the stomach with a substance that has zero calories”, and people “feel full as a result”.
– It is known that our brain tissue consists of 75% water, drinking enough water can prevent fatigue, mood swings, and feeling drained, as the brain will have enough fuel to operate.
According to researchers, gradually become dehydrated as we age, so to restore your optimal health and state of mind, we must drink plenty of water.