You already know that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. That’s why it is crucial to have a healthy breakfast abundant with vitamins and other nutrients.
As it turns out, oats are the best way to kick-start your day. They are rich in water-soluble fiber and high complex carbohydrate content that regulates blood glucose levels and slow digestion. They are also high in numerous vitamins and minerals, like magnesium, biotin, copper, vitamin E and B1, and even 6 grams of protein per cup.
Oatmeal is made from hulled oat grains, which can be ground, rolled, or steel cut.
They gained popularity in the late 1980s’ after researchers discovered they lower the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels.
You can cook them in various ways. You can add them to crisps and desserts, smoothies, and in protein and breakfast bars.
If you consume oatmeal regularly, you can lose weight thanks to the high fiber content.
Here are the most important health benefits offered by oats:
- They regulate blood sugar
- Decrease type 2 diabetes risk
- Decrease cholesterol
- Decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improved immune response
- Decreased risk of heart failure
- They protect against childhood asthma
- Protection against breast cancer
- Prolonged life expectancy
- A great alternative for celiac disease patients or gluten-intolerant individuals
If you want to add flavor to your oats, you can add fresh fruits, nuts, nutmeg, cinnamon, cream, low-fat yogurt, or refined sugar.