Never Dry Laundry Indoors, The Side Effect Can Be Deadly!

You’ve probably heard that you should never dry your laundry in the rooms you live in, because of what the evaporation from the laundry can do to our health.

Craig Mather (43) from Bolton, who didn’t adhere to the warnings, said that due to drying clothes inside the house he got himself a lung infection. He suffered serious lung problems due to mold spores that occurred from drying clothes on the radiator in his living room.

“I started to recover only when I was diagnosed with chronic pulmonary aspergillosis and was prescribed the specific meds to combat fungal infections,” said the father of three children, writes

The doctor told him that his problems could become worse so he stopped drying clothes indoors for the last 12 months. He noticed a big improvement in health.

His experience is one of many that stand out. Experts warn that drying indoors can pose serious health risks. The clothing, set on a radiator, can raise the humidity level in the home for up to 30 percent and create ideal conditions for the development of mold spores.

“One bunch of washed laundry contains almost two liters of water that is released into the room. Most of us are immune to infections that grow in these wet conditions, or have a body that can fight the infection. However, patients with asthma may experience problems with coughing and breathing difficulties, and in people with weakened immune systems, such as cancer patients treated with chemotherapy and patients with AIDS and autoimmune diseases, fungi can cause pulmonary aspergillosis. It is a condition that can cause incurable and sometimes fatal lung damage, “said Professor David Denning who advises the laundry to be dried outside or in the dryer, away from bedrooms and living room.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *