Tartar is the yellow or brown mineral deposit on teeth, which can lead to periodontitis, especially if it increases and without removal. Most of you probably visit the dentist in order to address this issue, however you can also do this procedure at your home. Just keep in mind these are more preventative measures and none will eliminate tartar as fast as your dentist will once you have a build-up.
There are several treatment options:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Antiseptic mouth wash
- Dental pick
- Mix one cup of hydrogen peroxide with ½ cup of warm water after which you should rinse your mouth for one minute. Spit, and then rinse with ½ cup of cool water.
- The most common and effective tool to get rid of tartar is baking soda. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with ½ teaspoon of salt in a cup. Then rinse the toothbrush with warm water, and dip it in the mixture. Brush your teeth and spit. The whole process should last for five minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with a natural antiseptic mouth wash every second day.
- Use a dental pick for rubbing the yellow tartar from teeth. In order not to irritate and damage your gums, be cautious not to scrape them.
Tips to preserve oral health
- You should regularly use dental floss
- Clean your mouth naturally with saliva. Salivary glands are triggered by chili food.
- In order to prevent bacteria from multiplying, rub your teeth with orange peel before going to bed and don’t rinse your mouth.
- When you brush your teeth, use a soft brush and make vertical movements. Be sure to always clean the space between gums and the teeth.