Our body’s strength and mobility weaken as we age, which means the chances of you falling and injuring yourself increase. This is why you have to keep your core strong and healthy.
In light of that, today we present you 6 exercises that you can do at your home.
But first, let us remind you which everyday activities depend on your core:
- Bending down to put your shoes on
- Cleaning or fixing the house and gardening
- Getting dressed or undressed
- Looking behind you or checking blind spots
- Occupational tasks that involve twisting, lifting, and even sitting for hours
- Scooping up child or grandchild
- Taking a bath or a shower
The Difference Between Abs and Core Strength
Strengthening only the abs will target a few front-facing muscles, while core exercises will target the entire group of muscles that help you with almost every move that you do.
Core muscles generally include:
- Ab muscles on the front
- Lower back muscles and gluteus on the back
- Diaphragm muscle on the top
- Pelvic floor and hip muscles on the bottom
The 6 Best Core Exercises to Do at Home
The following 6 exercises will take about 10 minutes of your time and don’t rewire any special equipment.
They will significantly improve your general health, mobility, strength, pain, and balance.
This exercise will strengthen the entire abdominal area, the lower back and the glutes.
2. Straight Leg Drops
This exercise targets the transverse abdominal muscles and the obliques.
3. Front Toe Drops
For this exercise, you will need to focus on your breathing.
4. Side Knee Drops
This exercise targets the abdominal muscles with a focus on the oblique with the side knee drop core exercise.
5. Hip Circles
In order to perform this exercise properly, you need to focus on breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth.
6. Four-Point Balance
This exercise will improve your balance and strengthen the abdominal muscles.