The internet has become an inevitable part of the modern society. As it became so involved in our everyday lives, the need to be online grew, and thus the WI-FI was created.
The WI-FI technology allows us to surf the internet whenever he want or need to, no matter where we go.
But, when it comes to the safety of the WI-FI routers, the companies that produce them have strict norms to follow in order to make the routers as safe as possible. Yet, these devices are still not 100% harmless.
First, let’s take a look at the devices that are being connected to wireless to the router, like cell phones, tablets, and laptops. These devices emit WLAN signals (electromagnetic waves) in order to connect to the router, and the loop of these signals harms our health in a number of ways.
According to a study conducted by The British Health Agency, routers endanger our health and the growth of both, people and plants.
These are the negative effects that WI-FI has on us:
- Concentration issues
- Frequent intense headaches
- Chronic fatigue
- Sleep issues
We know that we can’t completely avoid these devices and technologies. There are, however, ways to reduce the time we are exposed to them. Here are some useful tips on how to limit their harmful influence and reduce their side-effects:
- Disconnect the WI-FI programs before going to sleep.
- Never keep the router in your kitchen or bedroom.
- Use phones with cables when at home, in order to reduce the electromagnetic waves.
- Turn off the WI-FI when you do not use it as you can thus prevent the electromagnetic waves which harm the growth of children.