The Truth About Cast Iron Pans: 10 Facts That You Must Know
Cast-iron skillets are a common kitchen item, but in case you don’t own one, we’re sure you will after reading this article.
Cast-iron skillets are great for many things. They are a high-end cookware that will up your cooking game! They are long-lasting and will cook your food in a healthier way.
These skillets don’t get any of the toxins used in the product of non-stick cookware.
You may have heard that cast-iron skillet boosts the absorption of iron in the body, and if you think that it’s just an old wives’ tale, you couldn’t be more wrong.
Benefits from iron in your body:
- Improved muscle function
- Improved brain functions
- Maintains the temperature of your body normal
- Fatigue eliminator
- Expands your immune system
- Increased concentration
- Improved metabolism
However, you should be aware of the symptoms of iron overload, such as:
- Strange pain in the abdominal area
- Sudden weight loss
- Unexpected and early menopause
- Weakness and pain in your muscle
- Lack of breath and breathing problems
- Feeling exhausted
Now, here are 10 reasons why you should buy a cast-iron skillet and start using it:
- It supplies the body with Iron
These skillets offer nutritional benefits by releasing a small iron amount every time you cook in it. This will boost the iron levels in your body, especially while cooking overly acid foods.
- It is toxin- free.
While most non-stick pans release toxins every time you cook in them and they get scratched, there are no such worries with cast-iron skillets.
- Can be used on your stove top, oven, or charcoal grill.
As they can withstand different heating levels, you can use cast-iron skillets in the oven, on the charcoal grill, or on the stove top.
- It’s non- stick.
These skillets are naturally non-stick, as the oils of the food previously cooked accumulate on its surface, thus creating a non-stick coating.
- Heating benefits
This cookware distributes the heat evenly, so you can freely cook on high heat.
- The food is tastier
Although you will need less oil to cook with, the food will be much tastier.
- It is very durable
You buy it once, and you have it for a lifetime. But, you have to take proper care of it, of course.
- It’s cheap
This lifetime investment will cost you about $20.00.
- You can clean it easily
You can wash your cast iron with a non-abrasive sponge and hot water, you do not need any soap, unlike in the case of other cookware.
- It’s been used for millennia
There are several possible side effects of using the cast iron pans, but these rarely occur:
- Iron overload (this can lead to joint pain, abdominal pain, fatigue and at women interruption in menstruation)
- People who get the needed iron through their diets may get extra iron from the cast iron pans. This can raise the risk of a heart disease, advanced aging or even cancer.
- The iron cast can make the food contain bad bacteria that can lead to vomiting, nausea, and pain in your stomach.
What to consume in order to improve your iron level in your blood:
- Include meat such as lamb, beef, pork, chicken, and liver in your diet
- Drink at least a glass of prune juice. It 3mg of iron per glass
- Ask your doctor for an iron supplement prescription
- Avoid foods and beverages that reduce the iron blood levels (eggs, coffee, soy protein and black tea)
- Eat a lot of vegetables such as collard greens, broccoli, spinach and kale
Source: healthy-lifebox.comhttp://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/truth-cast-iron-pans-10-facts-must-know/http://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/the-truth-about-cast-iron-pans-10-facts-that-you-must-know-600x417.jpghttp://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/the-truth-about-cast-iron-pans-10-facts-that-you-must-know-150x150.jpgHealthHealth Tips