This Essential Oil Might Be THE END Of Strep Throat Forever, Study Suggests
If you are suffering from strep throat, then stay away from antibiotics. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine published a study according to which cinnamon bark essential oil could be effective in treating your strep throat.
Essential oils are concentrated liquids which contain “aroma compounds” from plants, and the cinnamon oil is made from the bark of the cinnamon plant Cinnamomum verum. Essential oils are extracted by steam distillation, and it is known that health practitioners have been using essential oils for years to cure almost any ailment you can think of, and now there are scientific proofs that support this.
According to a study conducted by French and Belgian researchers, certain essential oils show antibacterial properties when pitted against Streptococcus pyogenes, the bacteria responsible for your strep throat. During the in vitro study, the oils created an unfriendly environment for the strep bacteria, which caused the bacteria to avoid the area where the oils were introduced. Among the essential oils that were tested, cinnamon showed to be the best solution, offering effects about the same as the antibiotic amoxicillin in the measurements used in the study.
Even though antibiotics are the first thing that your doctor will recommend and prescribe in case of strep throat, here are some reasons why you should avoid them and try cinnamon oil:
- Antibiotics can kill your gut bacteria and cause you to gain weight quicker
- Antibiotics can kill your throat flora, making it more likely for you to get strep again soon
- Antibiotic overuse can lead to an increased antibiotic resistance
Cinnamon oil offers the same successful effects, without the side effects mentioned above.
Here’s how you can utilize cinnamon oil:
- Aromatically – use a diffuser to spread the scent of cinnamon oil through your home, or simply open the bottle and inhale the scent directly.
- Topically – dilute cinnamon oil before applying directly to the skin, as it is very strong and can be irritating. Mix 1:1 with coconut oil and receive coconut oil’s benefits too!
- Internally – cinnamon oil is among the few essential oils that can be safe to digest. Add a drop to a glass of water or your morning smoothie, but make sure you get high-quality cinnamon oil if using internally. Look for organic, therapeutic-grade oils.
Source: www.theheartysoul.comhttp://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/this-essential-oil-might-be-the-end-of-strep-throat-forever-study-suggests/http://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/cinnamon_oil.jpghttp://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/cinnamon_oil-53x53.jpgHealthHealth TipsHerbs & Oilsessential oil,health