The Miracle Hydrogen Peroxide: Things You Never Knew it Can Do
Many households use a mild version (3-5%) of hydrogen peroxide diluted with water to do various hacks in order to make their every-day life easier.
Here are some great advices on how to use hydrogen peroxide other than applying it on wounds:
Note: You should use the one with 3% consistency for the following hacks.
- Lightens toenails and fingernails –pour 3% HP (hydrogen peroxide) in a bowl and then soak your nails in it for some time. When done, rinse with water.
- Hair bleacher – HP can act as a milder version of other recommended hair bleachers. Use it as you would use any other bleaching product to get top results.
- Hair locks highlights – apply the HP on a damp hair by spraying it. Keep spray on for 15 minutes and then rinse it.
- Wound cleaning and disinfection –this is the most common usage of HP. Just apply it directly on the wound.
- Eliminate boils –pour only one cup of 35 percent HP in your bath tub. Soak in the tub to get rid of boils forever and regenerate the skin as well.
- Treats calluses and corns –just mix HP and warm water in proportional doses and soak in it to soften calluses and corns and destroy them for good.
- Get rid of skin mites –all you have to do is spray HP on affected skin and repeat treatment, wait a few minutes, and then repeat process.
- Helps with foot fungus –first, dilute the HP with water and keep liquid in a dark glass bottle, so the HP isn’t in direct contact with the sunlight. Apply it directly on the fungus. For best results, mix equal parts of 3 percent HP and water.
- Stain remover –ladies, HP is perfect for removing blood stains (you know what we’re talking about). Apply it directly on stain, let it act for one minute and clean with cold water. Repeat if needed.
- Clears fungus from aquariums – you can find detailed instructions on how to utilize this hack without harming the fish.
- Household cleaner –HP can clean almost anything! Just put it in a spray bottle and use it when needed. It’s super cheap and harmless.
- Bleach laundry –use HP to keep your white clothes stay white. Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide to the wash and let the laundry soak for 30 minutes. Afterwards, wash clothes as per usual.
- No more organic stains –HP can remove stains from sweat, blood, wine and coffee. Just mix 1 part dish detergent with two parts HP and apply directly onto stains. Keep in mind that due to the bleaching properties of HP, it can lighten dark fabrics as well.
- Neutralizes odors –yes, this is another one of the HP’s superpowers! Mix white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide and soak fabrics in it. After regular wash afterwards, all odors will fade.
- Carpet and rug washer –Just spray a diluted solution onto the rug or carpet. Then wash it as per usual. Again, keep in mind its bleaching properties.
- Refresh reusable shopping bags –spray HP in and out of the shopping bag and rinse them with water in order to remove all odors and bacteria.
- Clean humidifier easily –mix 1 pint of HP with 1 gallon of water. The HP will remove all mildew and mold and keep the humidifier in an excellent shape.
- Clean tiles –just spray HP directly on tiles, let it act a little, them wash regularly.
- Toilet cleanser –pour 1/2 a cup of HP into the toilet bowl and let it act for half an hour. This is also recommended for disinfecting the toilet completely.
- Whitening grout –mix hydrogen peroxide with white flour and apply directly on grout. Cover grout with paste and let it sit overnight. The following day, clean grout with water and it will be whiter.
- Bath tub cleaner –just spray the bath tub with hydrogen peroxide and let the liquid act for half an hour. Afterwards just wipe it off and enjoy your clean tub.
- Kitchen and bathroom counters cleanser –dilute HP with some water and spray it directly onto kitchen and bathroom counters. You can also mix it with your regular cupboard cleaner and get better results.
- Wash sponges and dishrags –every material can accumulate bacteria and dirt after some time. In order to clean them thoroughly, soak your sponges and dishrags in HP for 30 minutes.
- Disinfect cutting boards –spray HP on the cutting board and let it soak for a few minutes. Rinse regularly with cold water.
- Fridge hygiene –spray your fridge with HP and let liquid act for a couple of minutes. Wipe with clean towel and it will be as good as new.