One of the Most Delicious Recipe – Banana-Cinnamon Waffles
Crown these lightly spiced waffles with cinnamon sugar, sliced bananas, and/or a drizzle of maple syrup. Buckwheat flour adds a somewhat tangy, robust nuttiness to this breakfast favorite.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- Cooking spray
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, flaxseed, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine milk, butter, and eggs, stirring with a whisk; add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in mashed banana.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Coat iron with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per 4-inch waffle onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops; repeat procedure with remaining batter.