Healthy Chocolate Mousse
This is a healthy version of the classic French chocolate mousse dessert, minus the cream, eggs & tonne of fat.
We have lightened the mousse using Greek yoghurt (you can replace with natural yoghurt if you prefer), used gelatine to help set it and only used one egg white to help make it light and fluffy.
For a special adult treat, you can add a splash of Baileys Irish Cream liqueur or Kahlua to this recipe.
- 1 tsp powdered gelatine
- 3 tsp. lukewarm water
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg white
- 50g cooking chocolate
- 8 fresh raspberries (or strawberries)
- Mix gelatine, sugar and lukewarm water in a cup and let cool 10 mins.
- Whisk egg white until soft peaks form, set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a small dish over a pot of boiling water – or you can microwave until just melted.
- Mix yoghurt, chocolate together then add the gelatine. Now gently stir in the egg white, be careful not to break the air bubbles.
- Pour into 4 little cups or large shot glasses with 2 raspberries on top.
- Cover with cling foil and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
http://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/healthy-chocolate-mousse/http://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/healthy-chocolate-mousse-lge-600x400.jpghttp://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/healthy-chocolate-mousse-lge-150x150.jpgFruitsHealthy DrinksRecipesShakes & Smoothies