Thanks to their high levels of health benefits including vitamins A and C, potassium, healthy fiber and lycopene, guava leaves are more than worthy to be mentioned.
Today we will give you 17 reasons why you should start consuming them as soon as possible:
- They can lower the bad LDL cholesterol levels without affecting good HDL cholesterol levels.
- Guava leaves tea treats bronchitis and coughs.
- Applying crushed guava leaves can relieve itching caused by allergies
- This method can also be used for relieving insect bites.
- Boil guava leaves and let them cool on room temperature, then gently massage the liquid on your scalp and say goodbye to hair loss
- Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite, which will help you to reduce weight.
- The tea is also great for treating upset stomach and food poisoning.
- Thanks to the strong antimicrobial properties, the tea is also effective in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Guava leaf tea is considered to be effective in treating enlarged prostate and cancer.
- The tea is also recommended for men who fight infertility.
- Being high in vitamin C, the leaves can treat acne and pimples
- To prevent infections, apply crushed guava leaves on minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion. The tea can also relieve outer ear infection. Just drop few drops of cooled down guava leaves tea.
- To treat dengue, boil 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half.
- The tea reduces blood sugar level and does not stimulate insulin secretion, making it great for diabetics.
- To relieve toothache, inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity, simply chew guava leaves.
- If you want to remove blackheads naturally, crush a few guava leaves and stir in a little bit of water. Use this instead of your regular face scrub.
- The same combination can be used to prevent premature skin aging.