8 Signs That Indicate Problem With Thyroid Gland
The thyroid is a gland located in the neck that is responsible for various functions in the body like producing hormones that regulate the metabolism. When there’s an imbalance of those hormones, the natural balance of the whole body is affected.
Unfortunately, thyroid dysfunction is hard to diagnose since the symptoms are very similar to other diseases.
Here are eight main symptoms that indicate thyroid issues:
- Frequent pains in the muscles or joints
- Bloating and swellingthat can be caused by hypothyroidism
- Trembling and anxiety. Excessive production of thyroid hormones may lead to accelerated metabolism which can make you feel irritated, nervous, shaky, and you can also experience concentration issues.
- Weight changes. Again, this can be as a result of hypothyroidism that can cause sudden weight gain, or hyperthyroidism that can cause rapid weight loss.
- Irregular menstruation. Hypothyroidism causes extremely difficult and long menstruation while hyperthyroidism causes small flow or no menstrual cycle at all.
- Change in mental functions. Reduced levels of thyroid hormones cause constant fatigue and feelings of tiredness and dizziness.
- Abnormal reaction to the temperature outside. In the case of hyperthyroidism, people feel abnormal warmness, while the ones with hypothyroidism feel unnatural cold.
- Hair loss, facial pallor. The thyroid gland issues can also be manifested by hair loss, weak, brittle and dry hair.
Source: healthylifestylebase.comhttp://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/8-signs-that-indicate-problem-with-thyroid-gland/http://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/8-signs-that-indicate-problem-with-thyroid-gland.pnghttp://healthandbeautylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/8-signs-that-indicate-problem-with-thyroid-gland-53x53.pngHealthHealth Tipshealth tips,thyroid gland