Bloated belly isn’t always caused by excessive consumption of certain foods and the accumulation of fat in that area.
As a matter of fact, it is a normal process that takes place when you don’t pay attention to what type of food you are consuming, how it is cooked, and when you are consuming it.
Luckily, it is easily controlled.
All you have to do is massage the belly area above the navel for 2 to 3 minutes using your 4 fingers, moving circularly, as shown in the picture. Then change the direction for another 2-3 minutes. This will expel the accumulated gasses.
In order to get rid of retained water, repeat the same movements, but much closer to the navel. Press the point as marked in the picture and massage the area applying a greater pressure in circular movements. Keep in mind that the massage shouldn’t hurt.
If you want to relieve the weight you are feeling, massage the lower abdomen in the same way.
Here are some other tips worth following:
- Have lemon water to kick start your day. Taking vitamin C before breakfast regulates the processes which occur in the stomach.
- Do not drink beverages while eating. Drinking anything while eating impedes digestion, which then leads to bloating.
- Never drink alcohol on an empty stomach. It will inhibit digestion and destroy the healthy microflora in the gut.
- Chew and eat slowly. Doing otherwise will cause you to swallow excess air, which causes bloating.
- Drink ginger tea. This tea improves circulation and prevents the formation of gases.
- Make sure you have at least 15 minutes of your day for meditating in fresh air or for taking a short walk.
The video below shows a recipe that will help you remove bloated belly: